Charlie Parker - Chasin' The Bird
The Estate of Charlie Parker and Z2 Comics have teamed up to bring you Chasin' The Bird - Charlie Parker in California.
Chasin’ The Bird tells the story of Charlie Parker’s time in L.A.
December 1945 began a tumultuous two year-stint for Bird bumming around L.A., showing up at jam sessions, crashing on people’s couches, causing havoc in public places, and recording some of his most groundbreaking tracks.
The graphic novel explores Bird’s relationship with the characters and events he encountered during his time in L.A. including recording some of his signature songs with Dial Record founder Ross Russell, a brief but influential stay at the home of famed jazz photographer William Claxton, a party for the ages at the ranch home of artist Jirayr Zorthian, and others who found themselves in the orbit of the jazz genius. Named after Charlie Parker’s 1947 standard, Chasin’ the Bird adapts one of the sunnier, but darker chapters in the life of Bird, beautifully written and illustrated by Dave Chisholm. Foreword by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
The Deluxe Edition of the graphic novel includes:
- A limited edition vinyl 45 with two unreleased Charlie Parker recordings (tracks to be announced ahead of release)
- Exclusive deluxe edition graphic novel (only 1,200 available) with slipcover
- (3) three exclusive Charlie Parker art prints
- Hardcover graphic novel
- Includes exclusive flexi disc with unreleased Charlie Parker single recording
- Includes (3) art prints and exclusive vinyl 45
- Standard editions have shipped. Deluxes begin shipping early December. Credit cards will be charged at time of purchase.